** Update 2008 **
Please note that the last time is spent time on my widgets was in 2006, a lot has changed in several areas like OS X, Tools, etc, and I haven’t updated anything on this page since that time
Language Dictionary Widget V0.1
Simple Widget for looking up words in several websites. Type in a word and it opens the selected website where it looks up the entered word. This version is based on my previous Van Dale Widget.
- Lookup words on Cambridge Dictionary, Encarta, Merriam-Webster, Oxford Dictionary, Van Dale Woordenboek and Wikipedia
- English and Dutch localization.
Improvement(s) I would like to make in following versions are mainly:
- Having the results come up within the dashboard environment instead of opening up a browser
- More websites
- Add german localization
- Less ‘generic’ layout
Language Dictionary Widget V0.1 – zip 88Kb: download
Van Dale Widget V1.1 (Dutch)
(Very) Simple Widget for looking up words in the dutch Van Dale website. Type in a word and it opens the vandale.nl website where it looks up the entered word. This version was created with software called WCode. Improvement(s) I would like to make are mainly: Having the results come up within the dashboard environment instead of opening up a browser.
Van Dale Widget V1.1 (Dutch) – zip 47Kb: download
Van Dale Widget planning Jan/Feb 2007:
- Van Dale widget will renamed to the Language Widget
- The new Language widget will be made with Apple’s Dashcode.
- Lang widget will include multiple language website selections